Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Girl

Good morning, friends!  Looks like another beautiful summer, I mean, March day here in Vermont!  My dog, Emily, is lying at the end of my bed with her nose on the window sill; she is SOO cute!  Penelope is curled up nearby; she was outside all night so is feeling all cozy & sleepy!  I LOVE my children, furry ones & not so furry ones!  :)  



Let me tell you about our first ride of the year!  And what a wonderful ride it was!  My  jacket fit well enough and it was great to put that helmet on my head again! 



 I met Tim at the dealership where he was waiting with a spankin' new Harley that needed miles put on for conditioning before it sells.  (Who knew that?!)  A pretty, sparkly blue bike with - what??  No back seat??  Gulp.  Two big compartments on the sides which I had to climb over and then perch my queen-sized butt on the little space  behind Tim.  But I was HAPPY!!  At last, we were going riding!!  No jacket required; it was about 80 degrees when we left and felt so GOOD to be in the wind and sun!  I also enjoyed hanging on to my honey, peering over his shoulder at the road ahead and enjoying the landscape around us.  Granted, I kept sliding backwards, especially on the uphill climbs and granted, my hips, butt and back were killing me by the time we got back, but I wouldn't have NOT gone had I known it would be that way.  It just makes me all the more grateful for Tim's amazing Road Glide Ultra with it's big, cushy seat and backrest for me!  We're planning to make as many trips this summer as possible!  


I was stoked to get on the scales this morning and see that I've lost 2 more pounds!!  Wowza!  So exciting and motivating!  Even though I know this is the way my body loses weight at first, and that I can gain them back almost as fast, it does make me happy!  I've been eating really well and getting some good, healthy exercise without going crazy at the gym.  (I'm too lazy for that!)  My intention and purpose is to eat healthy food most of the time, get physically active at least 4-5 days a week and still enjoy treats and special occasions without feeling deprived.  Yesterday I allowed myself to have a Clarks Sunoco  creemie with Becca; I asked for a baby but it came out bigger than that.  OH WELL!  Guess I could have eaten half and put the rest in the freezer...NOT!!  :)  


Okay, so I'm trying to decide if I should post Today's Eating in the morning before my day starts (which means I have a plan, which is good) or in the evenings post.  Which I don't always write at night.  It's so funny; I'll get a little feeling of panic thinking "oh no!  what did I eat today???" but after recalling what I ate and either jotting it down or at least reviewing it out loud, I realize it wasn't so bad!  Isn't it interesting how we all have specific ways to diet and lose weight?  And what works for one doesn't for another?  


I found this book online and think I'll order it.  I like the premise.  The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person


From Publishers Weekly

Can thinking and eating like a thin person be learned, similar to learning to drive or use a computer? Beck (Cognitive Therapy for Challenging Problems) contends so, based on decades of work with patients who have lost pounds and maintained weight through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Beck's six-week program adapts CBT, a therapeutic system developed by Beck's father, Aaron, in the 1960s, to specific challenges faced by yo-yo dieters, including negative thinking, bargaining, emotional eating, bingeing, and eating out. Beck counsels readers day-by-day, introducing new elements (creating advantage response cards, choosing a diet, enlisting a diet coach, making a weight-loss graph) progressively and offering tools to help readers stay focused (writing exercises, to-do lists, ways to counter negative thoughts). There are no eating plans, calorie counts, recipes or exercises; according to Beck, any healthy diet will work if readers learn to think differently about eating and food. Beck's book is like an extended therapy session with a diet coach. (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition
Sounds interesting, huh?  
Okay, gotta get ready for work.  Happy Thursday to ya!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment