Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Review

Good morning!  I'm so pumped!  The scales show I'm down two more pounds for a total of 9# since I began again on March 8th!  It's amazing how good it feels to be getting my body moving, eating well and feeling more energized!  


Although I've said all this before in previous blog posts, 
I'm going to review what Sylvia & I worked out for our 2fatchicks weight loss endeavor in 2008/2009.  We created a plan that was perfectly suited to our lifestyle and schedules.  Because it was successful, this is my method now!  
Here we are, about a month into it~
And here we are, ready to take off for our reward trip to Florida after losing most of our weight!  

In the first picture I weighed about 250 pounds; in the lower picture I weighed about 200~ I started the journey at the horrifying weight of 266 pounds!  


Okay, so here's what we did to achieve our results:

  • did it as a team
  • created a plan to cover every possible hindrance & situation
  • planned for short term and long term rewards
  • joined Planet Fitness w/ the Black Card membership
  • started tanning to feel more attractive (and it worked)
  • worked out or got physically active 4-5 times a week
  • ate mostly low-carb without crazy counting, weighing or measuring
  • drank lots of water 
  • held each other accountable 
  • created a blog (2fatchicksonadiet) and a bank account to save money
  • put money into our account to pay for our reward trip to FL
  • allowed ourselves to "cheat" occasionally (okay, so almost every weekend, which meant we sometimes gained back what we'd lost the week before)
  • planned for the days eating and exercise 
  • weighed and measured at the beginning of each month and recorded it for comparison along the way
  • took pictures along the way
That's all I can think of right now; I'll have to refer back to our old blog http://2fatchicksonadiet.wordpress.com/2008/07/  to see what else we did.  It was a very heady and exciting time for both of us; I'd never lost that much weight before and size 12 felt downright SKINNY!  :)  Sadly, I can't experience that "first-time" joy and excitement ever again and have to reach for different motivations and purpose.  

Obviously, since I've gained back much of the 75# lost since 09, I've tried and failed to get it back off, to stay off.  But I keep telling myself it's better to keep getting back on the horse than to give up completely and never ride again!

So, here's two more pictures for comparisons sake!  Sara told me I should use my thin pictures for motivation rather than my hugely fat ones. I don't know.  They're both useful in some ways!  :)
Erin & I last year in April; I was a little heavier than I am now.  

Another Florida picture when I was not quite at my lowest weight of 191~ not too far off though!
Alright!  That's it for today!  I'm trying to decide if I'll go to a swim class morning, or another bike ride.  Gotta make something different for breakfast first though; I'm getting a little tired of yogurt w/ maple syrup!  Maybe some yummy scrambled eggs with onions, ham, peppers and cheddar!  That'll be a hearty and satisfying meal to hold me till lunchtime!  


I'm pretty psyched for our first ride of the season this afternoon! I'll try to remember to take pictures!  Enjoy the day! 

4 comments:

  1. any soup in that diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times, good times! You are beautiful whether you are heavier or smaller! We really had a rock solid plan formulated and it WORKED! And 256 is not horrifying lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was 2SIXTY6 and it WAS horrifying for me!! But thank you, Sylvia~ :)

    ReplyDelete