Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Call Me Butter Cuz' I'm on a Roll!

Isn't that a cute saying?  Tim just said it to me the other day after beating the socks off me in Words With Friends!  Love that game, but love it more when I'M winning!!  


Well, I can't believe I actually posted that last horrifying temper tantrum of a post, but.  I did.  So.  Moving on!  


I'm relieved and glad to report that I'm back "on a ROLL!" of eating and exercising.  Truly, I'm motivated by my friend, Sandra, who just keeps on working her tail off and sticking with the stuff, no matter what happens.  And I'm encouraged by my cousin, Sylvia, who fights the same fat-battle that I do (stop & start/lose & gain) but who doesn't give in to her emotions by bitching and moaning.  She just laughs it off, accepts her temporary back-tracking and charges full-steam ahead!  I always said I'm not a competitive type, but perhaps I really am!  I don't wanna be left behind by these ladies in this get healthy/get thinner season!  :)  


Here are some real numbers to show what's been happening:  

  • April 16th  249#  (GAH!!)  
  • April 18th   253# (what on EARTH?!  I gained FOUR pounds in TWO days???)
  • April 19th  251#  (I took control again)
  • April 20th  248# (okay now!!  Eating well & exercising.  THIS is more like it!  This is what my body USED to do!) 
  • April 21st  245#  (WOW!!)
  • April 22nd  245#  
  • April 23rd  246#  (I ate more and later than I should have the night before)
  • April 24th  244#  (that's today; good swim class and one delicious serving of Eggplant Parmesan for dinner afterward.  I was so tired out that I went to sleep early!) 
I'm just thankful to see results for my efforts and am encouraged to keep on.  The forecast for this weeks weather was very discouraging, and I wasn't sure how motivated I'd be to get out there, or go to the gym (I seem to have an aversion to going there) but thankfully, the sun is trying to shine and that means walking or biking.  Unfortunately, my foot causes me alot of pain when walking (for exercise) and that bums me out.  I have enjoyed my swim class recently and guess I'll keep doing that too.  

This past weekend I tried some healthy recipes; Eggplant Parmesan 

(I figure it's better for me than lasagna!!), Roasted Chickpeas w/ Garlic & Sea Salt (yummo!) and Baked Oatmeal w/ Dried Cherries & Pecans.  I have a Pinterest board filled to the brim with awesome-looking recipes and healthy foods to try.  I may make the Healthy Chocolate Cake which has applesauce, grated zucchini &/or carrots and whole-wheat flour.  Sound good?? 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So glad you're doing better! I can't seem to get to the gym yet, and I have foot problems as well, which makes taking a walk difficult! Keep pluggin' woman!

    ReplyDelete