Monday, April 9, 2012

Rainy Monday Blues

What a gloomy, rainy day.  Blah.  Ick.  Ugh.  Sigh.  It's the perfect weather to go along with my weight this morning; I'm up two pounds.  How depressing is that?  On the other hand, after moaning, groaning, fuming and freaking in my mind this weekend I finally came to a point of resignation re: the scales and this odd way my body is responding to my changed diet & exercise.  I had decided to enjoy without going hog-wild, the delicious Easter dinner I prepared.  Ham, baked potatoes, green bean & swiss cheese casserole, delectable rolls, lemon-pineapple jello salad & chocolate cream pie.  Wow.  That sounds like a lot of food!  I did use sugar-free jello and pudding, and some of the main meal was low-carb-ish. And I did expect a gain today, due to the greater amount of food I ate, plus the water-retention factor of ham~so.  That's that.  
Perfect dishes to serve for a family dinner on Easter SUnday
Pinterest images of Easter Dinner


I'm sad to say that I didn't make my goal of ten pounds this month either.  In fact with the added two pounds, it puts me at a depressing total of only 5# in all.  But 5# is better than no pounds.  And today is Monday, a new start day.  


My plan to get up early for the gym didn't happen this morning but I am planning to do my swim class this afternoon.  I look forward to that.  It's always great exercise and easier on my body.  I'm counting on it making me so tired tonight that I'll go to bed early & enable me to do early morning weights at the gym tomorrow.  


A friend of mine in NY just posted a new weight-loss blog entitled "Battle of the Bulge" and I'll follow her journey and progress, give her my support via comments and hopefully be inspired & motivated by her efforts!  It really does help to know I'm not alone in this work and to have friends who can empathize and encourage.  That's part of the purpose of this blog o' mine!  


Well, I need to hop off, read a little more in my Beck Diet book, re-read my Response & Advantage cards, pack healthy, energizing food for the day and get a move on!  Thanks for reading!  Happy Monday!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Honey- you realize that 10 pounds per month works out to 120 pounds over a year, right? Perhaps that's not as reasonable a goal as you might think. Five pounds per month equates to a 60 pound loss over a year's time. You're on track for that and it's a much more reasonable and totally awesome goal!

    Remember, you're not "on a diet", you've "changed your diet" to be healthy and sustainable.

    :tim

    ReplyDelete