Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hurtin' Unit

Oooohhh....I hurt!  :{  Perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic with all this gym action!  Last night's session included a very bizarre machine that did odd things with my arms and legs.  Then this morning I added a few extra pounds to the weight machines I used, knowing it's good to stretch the muscles.  This evening I walked two miles with Sandra but was in pain most of the way, as earlier in the day I slipped and fell at a clients home, wrenching my bum-knee exactly where it already hurts!  Argh!!  I'm hoping four Advil and resting in bed w/ my leg up will help it to feel better!  I have early gym plans for the morning, but don't want to do anything foolish either!


It was a good day!  I had sort-of a plan for eating and packed lightly for lunch and snacks while I was working.  But at 3pm I was starving!  Since I was out & about, I bought half of a rotisserie chicken from Price Chopper and nommed on that!  Ahhh...so good!!  THEN!  Becca & I ended up eating dinner together at Chili's where thankfully they have lower calorie options.  I chose Margarita Grilled Chicken on a bed of black beans/rice/veggie bits.  YUMMO!  And only 550 calories for it all!  And not only that!!  I only ate HALF!!  :)  (remember that rotisserie chicken?)  So, although that wasn't planned either, I applaud myself for making healthy choices today.  And for remembering while I ate a few tortilla chips to slow down and enjoy them!  


So, here are some things from Pinterest I've pinned to my Healthy Inspiration board; I can't wait to make some of this food!  These Healthy Protein Bars are next!  Home made low carb protein bars help keep your blood sugar even
This smoothie is made with peanut butter, bananas, oatmeal and yogurt.  Sounds good!  

quick Chiquita Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
And THIS chocolate-y treat looks SOOO good!  It's made with only coconut milk & cocoa powder!  Both of which I have in my cupboard!  If I weren't so sore, I'd go make it right now!  (except it isn't planned for today, so I'll plan to make it tomorrow!)
Coconut milk + cocoa powder   I think I have some in the cupboard!




And finally, I leave you with this:
hmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, I've been making the oatmeal, egg, and blueberry, etc. breakfast in a mug that you posted a while back...great, easy breakfast that I can throw together quick and take with me in the morning. Good stuff...thanks for the idea. I've made the oatmeal/p. butter smoothies in the past, using kefir, too. I pretty much like anything with oatmeal in it. :)

    ReplyDelete