Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Read Up

I just read this on one of my weight-loss blogs in regards to dieting & self-sabotage:


And so this pattern has repeated every time I’ve tried to diet or lose weight over the years, time and time again. Sure the food of choice changes but the pattern remains the same.

  • Go on diet/change eating/eat right/exercise
  • Lose weight/start to feel better
  • Think: I know how to do this
  • Self Sabotage and tell myself its okay because “I know how to lose weight”


So here I am, lather rinse repeat. I know how to lose weight. I know that I must plan; I must take a certain set of actions yet something inside of me goes crazy and the more I fight it the more I want to binge eat. Every single day is a battle. Every single day I fight with myself. Every single day I force myself to do what I need to do. Most of the time I do what I need to do but not all of the time because something inside of me still triggers that self sabotage mode and I have to stop myself before it turns into a full blown binge.

Do you self sabotage? How do you overcome it if you do? How do you stay on plan? I’ve tried using fear as a motivator and I’ve found that I don’t scare that easily. I treat every day as a fresh start and a new beginning. I haven’t self sabotaged yet but I feel it building and I have to find a way to turn it off. I’m fighting as hard as I can but at the same time I’m so scared.



I'm learning how to stop the cycle of letting my thoughts sabotage my weight loss efforts.  Now I need to learn how to stop freaking out over the number on the scales and truly take satisfaction in all the good I'm doing for my body.  I THINK I am, but the scales are definitely controlling my emotions.  ACK!  

Here's another link to help me deal:
http://www.diet-blog.com/06/5_ways_to_break_a_weight_loss_plateau.php

Okay, I'm outta here.  Planning to hit the gym after work today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment