Sunday, April 1, 2012

Encouraged

I wrote this on Saturday morning and forgot to post it~


Good Saturday morning!  It's another cold and gloomy day and it's been bumming me out, especially after the glorious taste of summer we enjoyed not too long ago!  

I AM, however,feeling somewhat encouraged with my newest endeavor and want to share that with you despite the thoughts that sometimes go through my head:



  • Oh, who cares about your blog, Sharon?  Everyone's sick of hearing you whine that you can't stick to a diet and lose weight!
  • Why bother writing about it anyway?  All you're doing is baring yourself to the public, and for what purpose?
  • You make yourself pathetic by showing your weaknesses.
  • Blogging about weight loss efforts doesn't help you lose the weight so why waste your time?
  • You need to write more helpful & informative stuff anyway, not just use the blog as a forum to complain!
Etc. Etc.  But, even if those things are true, I'm going to persevere.  It really IS a help to me to write this stuff out.  And I hope that by baring myself to others, it helps thin people understand the psyche of a fat person, and encourages other "fatties" fighting the same mind-battles, to know they're not alone.  

So, why am I encouraged this morning?  Well, here's why:
  • I've been successfully following the general precepts of the Beck Diet plan, reading the Advantages & Response cards I wrote out earlier in the week.  
  • I've planned each days food and have pretty much stuck to the plan.
  • I have decided to stick with low-carb rather than retrain myself to count calories.
  • I used the techniques this week to stop & think before eating~ 
  • I realized that despite going back & forth this month, I actually have lost 9 of the 10# goal for this month, and I have till April 8th to lose that last pound.  
  • Tim said he noticed my face looks a little thinner.  (was he just being nice??)  :)
  SO!  Here's a picture of my delicious lunch    yesterday: 


 This low-carb pizza was made on 7 gram Lavash bread and loaded with low to no-carb items.  It was delicious and satisfying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment