Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Day (Sundays & Mondays posts)

I'm happy today; the sun is shining, the house is warm, my tummy is filled with a comforting & satisfying bowl of oatmeal, and we're gonna go for a little ride!  A little chilly out, but I'll bundle up under my leather jacket and it'll be good to get a little "wind therapy" as they call it!  :)  


Tim & I went to my niece, Linda's house for dinner last night; she and her husband, Karl, are fantastic cooks and made THE MOST delicious meal!  Roasted chicken covered with all kinds of seasonings, venison sauteed with onions & peppers (blech!), lentils cooked w/ celery, onion & carrots.....ooooh, it was SOOO good!  A couple glasses...okay, a few...okay, FOUR (small) glasses of White Zinfandel was my drink of the evening and the perfect accent to the meal.   Brock, Sylvia & Anna brought an awesome salad and Ghirardelli brownies.  What a fun time we all had!  


I was VERY happy to get on the scales this morning and see that I'm down two more pounds and at 243#.  That makes 10# since the 18th of April.  A good start and very encouraging; I even noticed a pair of jeans getting looser a few days ago!


MONDAY:
I read this article in Prevention last week:http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/weight-loss-tips-reset-your-body-clock-belly-melt-diet?cm_mmc=Spotlight-_-887026-_-04232012-_-How-to-Lose-Weight-All-Day-Long-read-more
(One of these days I'll figure out how to post a link properly!)  I like to read about how to eat for energy and to boost the metabolism and realize that many of the tips given in this article are things I already do!  In fact, I realized that my attitude re: health and nutrition has definitely changed for the better in the past few years! Before 2008, I didn't care about the nutritional aspect of food, although I did care about preparing "healthy"meals for my family; as in, meat or casserole, vegetables and a starch of some sort.  But I had no interest in calories, carbs, fats, proteins, etc.  I just wanted to cook and eat what I liked.  Hence, the eventual creeping up to 266# by the summer of 2008.   Wow!  What a diva!  NOT!  :}  
July 2008 at 266#
Thank goodness that since the start of 2fatchicksonadiet in 2008 and now as DivaInDisguise, I AM interested and far more knowledgeable about the food that I put into my body and how it works for me.  My eating habits HAVE changed a great deal!  Never in the past would I happily eat lentils, black beans, hummus, celery and carrots because I like them, greek plain yogurt, etc. etc. etc.  My refrigerator is more often filled with these things, plus healthy cuts of meat, lots of fresh veggies and fruit and I include grains, legumes and good proteins in my diet every day!  Yeah, I still love the bad stuff; cheese doodles and cake still tempt me and put a pan of homemade Baked Macaroni & Cheese in front of me, and I lose all control.  But for the most part, I love GOOD food and am thankful I've finally "grown up" that way!  
April 2009 at 198#  
Today I'll start my day with delicious and nutritious Baked Oatmeal and pack a lunch of celery & carrots w/ hummus, a chicken sausage wrapped in a low-carb whole-grain tortilla loaded w/ pepper slices, baby spinach, a little mustard and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, an apple and a big bottle of water.  Dinner will be steak and chicken breasts that are marinating in the fridge this very moment and I'm going to try a new recipe: Roasted Cauliflower and will make quinoa to go w/ our meal.  Pretty good eating, wouldn't you say?  Oh.  And I'm down another pound this morning, for a total of eleven.  Yup, it's another happy day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment