Thursday, January 13, 2011

And They're OFF!!

*Realized I never posted this from the other day~  good grief!

 Good morning!  Yesterday was our first weekly weigh-in, and I'm happy to report that I lost 7 pounds and Sylvia lost 4~  Woo Hoo!!  :)  It was a great week of healthy, satisfying eating, good solid exercise (Sylvia's doing a strenuous Boot Camp three times a week at 5:30am!!) and encouragement from each other.  We've been emailing a list of what we've eaten, at the end of each day.  That's good for accountability too~ 

I'm having  a really hard time not getting on my scales every morning; I'm so used to doing it and keeping a close watch on my weight (when I'm trying to lose it, that is!).  I admit I got on again this AM (down 2 more pounds-see??!!)  but will TRY not to weigh again till at least Thursday!  :D  It just kills me that I not only gained back the 10# I'd lost when I started this blog back in September, but added nine more to that!  So today, I'm back at the 232# weight (arrgh!).  SIGH.  Oh well.  Move on, Sharon.  This isn't a race, and my purpose isn't to lose as fast as I possibly can, but to steadily and realistically work off the weight, establish a positive perspective about food, and re-train my habits over time.  Yada Yada....

Here's what my salad looked like yesterday; I've decided to only buy baby spinach from now on.  The spring mix is prettier but the purple parts wilt and turn to slime too soon.  Kyle said, "Shouldn't you NOT look at pictures of food?  Doesn't it make you want to eat more?"  Not at all!  I love the visual part of good food; it pleases my eye to see the variety of color, textures, flavors, and even the color of the plate is part of it all!  And I look forward to the next delicious, healthy meal or food I'll eat later on! 

Yesterdays Eating:
coffee/oatmeal w/ craisins & figs
almonds/fig
chicken sausage and above salad
clementine
another sausage w/ brown rice pasta & meat sauce (1/2 cup)
p.butter celery
about 3 quarts of lemon water

Exercise:
Cardio Combo water aerobics (only 45 min as I had to leave early to get to my chorus rehearsal)

Well, we're off to a great start!  Gotta run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment