Thursday, January 13, 2011

Worried About The Weekend

This is going to be a difficult weekend; I'll be visiting Kyle and his family and we're going on a road-trip Saturday with his daughter, Desiree.  She's interested in buying an Audi from craigslist, but it's in Connecticut!  Which means a 3 1/2 hour ride, one way!  :{  We've done a few road trips with Desiree, one time to NYC, which was my very first visit, and we always have a blast!  A distinct memory from that trip was the three of us bellowing at the top of our lungs to a Stevie Wonder CD!!  (I'm sitting here, grinning, at the memory!) 







So what's the problem with a car ride this weekend, you ask?  Well, first of all, it means sitting still for about 8 hours-no exercise.  :(  And, road trips usually mean snacking; but I can't be snacking randomly, especially with sitting for so long.  SIGH.  I'm sure it'll be fun but I'll have to plan for low-carb snacks, like almonds, fruit, low-fat cheese sticks, etc., and lemon-water too.  And maybe run around the gas station every time we stop for coffee!!  :D

I always look forward to cooking and baking for Kyle and his family!  So I'll have to plan for that as well, figure out what to make that's good for all of us!  One thing I make fairly often there, is chili.  I have three bags of dried beans, so maybe I'll soak and cook those for the "scratchiest" home-made chili I've ever made!  (as in "from scratch"!)  :D 

Okay, today is a day off but I've gotta bring the car to Jiffy Lube at 8am for an oil change (I LOVE that they check everything AND vacuum my car!!) then have a 9:30am appt, then my friend, Janice, is coming over to talk and stamp!  We haven't seen each other in AGES, and I can't wait!  One of my New Year resolutions is to get back in touch with friends I've lost contact with over the past year.  :)

So!  Ta Ta!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment