Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still Moving Forward~

Good morning!  Sitting here, eating my bowl of Greek yogurt w/ a Tbsp of SF raspberry jam, blueberries and a generous sprinkling of flax, thinking about what I can have for lunch in between clients, giving brief thought to dinner options.  There are so many great little ways to stay focused and plan for the days eating.  Here's what I've been doing for 2 1/2 weeks:
  • Write down what I eat every day, not portion sizes, just the food.  It helps to see it on paper. 
  • Try to remember to drink a couple quarts of water; was adding a lemon slice last week, then remembered my Crystal Light packets and that helped make it more interesting!
  • Definitely eat breakfast w/ protein every day!  After my enormous cup of coffee, I'm not always as hungry but eat anyway, knowing a comfortably full stomach is almost a guarentee I won't be snacking inappropriately.
  • Plan for a snack each day, one in the AM, one in the afternoon.  Usually nuts, or fruit, or veggies, or peanut butter celery.  I love that I'm eating all day long, feeling satisfied and yet still losing weight! 
  • Really try to exercise each day; last night I did shoveling so skipped the water class.  I'd also done vigorous cleaning of walls, cupboard fronts for a couple hours at a clients house, so my arms were really tired, then shoveled snow.  I felt justified in skipping.  :} 
  • Don't eat after say, 7pm-ish.  So far, this has worked, although night-time snacking has always been my biggest downfall.  I ate a HUGE salad the other night, probably around 7pm, thinking "Oh no, this will probably affect my weight in the AM" but it didn't.  I still lost another pound.  :)  PHEW! 
I don't really see my face getting thinner yet; that could be due to my swollen face in the early part of the week.  It's pretty much back to normal now; but weight loss usually shows up in my face pretty quickly.  I also just barely noticed a loosening of my jeans, in my butt and upper legs.  SIGH.  Can't wait to really see it and really feel it.  But in the meantime, I'll keep moving forward, feeling a renewed sense of energy and determined to accomplish this goal!  Sylvia and I were talking yesterday about where to go on our vacation this spring, as our reward trip!  Florida?  A cruise?  St. John??  Who knows! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment