Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daily Dose 2 (continued)

12:15pm Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All this morning I kept thinking of cool things to put on this blog~ I'd like to share links that have been a help and inspiration to me in the past.  One of them is this one:  http://www.prevention.com/  I get several emails a week with great articles, awesome lists of healthy foods, good exercises, diet do's and don'ts, and much more.  I've incorporated many of these into my weight-loss "program".  Which leads me to clarify: I'm not a "program" kinda person.  My life is too fragmented and hectic to spend lots of time counting, weighing, measuring, documenting, etc.  Two years ago, Sylvia & I came up with a great plan for losing weight that suited us and our lifestyles perfectly.  Enough rigidity to get the job done, but with lots of room for realistic life stuff, and plenty of laughing at ourselves and enjoying the ride!  :)   Here's what we came up with:
  • Carb awareness but not counting carbs
  • Exercised @ least 5X weekly (we joined Planet Fitness, a WONDERFUL deal)
  • Recorded weekly weight loss (altho' I weighed daily) 
  • Rewards for weight loss (ultimate reward was our trip to FL)
  •  Created a blog called 2fatchicksonadiet
  • Opened a savings account & both contributed a weekly amount to pay for our FLORIDA trip
  • Weighed and measured monthly to record progress (highly motivating!)
  • Drank lots of water
  • Allowed ourselves our half & half in our coffee, with no restrictions. 
  • Allowed ourselves days (weekends) off occasionally (and forgave ourselves when we took those w/out planning them!)
  • Allowed ourselves to eat chocolate when we wanted to!  (Actually, we decided it was more productive to give ourselves permission to eat "bad" stuff occasionally so as not to experience deprivation syndrome.  Most of the time this was successful.  I admit many weeks we had to work back off a weekend gain.  Here we are about a month into it~  

No comments:

Post a Comment