Thursday, September 23, 2010

Daily Dose 3

Good morning, blog!  Can you believe I've already "cheated" on my "diet" and have already considered not blogging??  Wow.  What a...well, I'm not gonna call myself names or beat myself up.  But here's what happened.  I did great yesterday with eating until after dinner.  I had a burger w/ cheese on a "thin bread" thingie, more veggie sticks w/ hummus and then promptly went to the freezer and grabbed a Klondike bar (Crunchy!).  I could have chosen one of my delicious chocolate-y Sugar Free Fudgesicles, but NO!!  A Klondike bar!  Ate it on my bed where I'd been reading, then!!!  Went downstairs and got ANOTHER one!!!  :O  What happened to my self-control?  My will to succeed?  Where'd my brain go???  Aaaarrgghh!!....it's like my brain checked out and I stopped thinking...just ATE!  :{ 

Well, then I went to the gym @ 7pm to meet Erin; only spent 15 minutes on the elliptical and then 15 minutes on the bike.  Not the 45 min I intended but better than nothing.  Is it just an excuse that "I'm just starting out again, so 30 minutes is fine."??  Well....hmmmm....don't answer that. 

So, I get up this morning, hop on the scales thinking "Okay, Sharon, you diet-idiot!  You probably just gained back the 2 whole pounds you've lost since Monday." but!!!  Amazingly, (go figure) the scale showed another pound down!  I remember things like that happening in my former "dieting" days.  I'm sure there's a practical explanation for it, but I take it as a gift!  I didn't deserve to lose another pound but I'm thankful.  And determined (for the time being anyway) to keep on going.  Hopefully as more of you read this, and respond, it'll encourage me to feel accountable and want to be a good example to you!!  Or something like that!!  :) 

So, coffee's almost gone, gotta grab a Light & Fit yogurt (I think I'll have Strawberry Banana) and run Becca to school for an early meeting.  Ta Ta!

That's me and Sara earlier this year... I think.  Hmmmm....

It's now 8:36am.  I'm headed to the gym to work out on the weight machines after doing 15 minutes of warm-up on the treadmill or elliptical at http://www.planetfitness.com/  What a great place this is!  I now have a membership to The Sports & Fitness Edge (http://www.sfedge.com/) but havent' explored it yet.  I'd really like to try out some of the group exercise classes, swim at least once a week, and check out the workout room.  But in the meantime, Planet Fitness is familiar and comfortable, so today I'll go there.  Maybe hit The Edge later today; there are two Zumba classes to choose from.  We'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment