Friday, September 24, 2010

Daily Dose 4 (continued)

7:19pm FRIDAY


SIGH!  Here it is, Friday evening and I have nothing fun going on!  :(  Becca's out, Sara's going out and Kyle won't be here till tomorrow evening.  Guess I'll add some stuff to the blog; here's a link to VERY INSPIRING photos on youtube!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDpEI9FpZ0  Every time I watch this, I just sit and grin, feeling teary-eyed & SOOO happy for these people who have achieved an amazing goal! 

On another note, Becca's new diabetes mentor, Dana, burned two CD's of assorted vocal music for her, and I had the privilege of listening to them first!  All I can say is, WOW!!  First were several songs by Kate Bush (eh), then Joan Osbourne whose voice and music I LOVE!!  Now I'm listening to Leela James...very nice!  Can't wait to hear the rest of the CD's and add some variety to my listening choices!  THANKS, Dana!!  :) Here's a link to the first Joan Osbourne song which had me "dancing" in my seat as I drove home this evening!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozHOwMx3eM  Wowza!!  :D

Just got off the phone with a friend whom I haven't talked to in quite a while and it was so encouraging to chat with her!  She was valiently chugging away on her stationary bike at home, as she also is trying to lose weight.  You go,girl!!  :D  Here's a link she told me about; it's a free website that allows you to create foodlists, calories, carbs, etc. in order to track your eating.  http://www.fatsecret.com/  Looks like a really great tool and resource!  Thanks for sharing it, Sue!  :) 

Okay, I'm offa here!  Not sure if I'm gonna go to the mall and do a little window-shopping or just settle on the couch with HGTV....hmmmm....  

1 comment:

  1. You go, Mom! you can do it. :) don't get discouraged. and when you're bored, text me and we can do something!

    ReplyDelete