Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daily Dose 7

Good morning, friends! 

Scales this morning said 230 pounds.  Still.  Ok.  No problem.  Last night I did eat two celery sticks, one with hummus which I LOVE, and one with natural peanut butter which I LOVE!  :D  So, that satisfied the little "hungry" I was feeling~

Today I'm reading more of the blog I posted yesterday; it's so cool to see other people's weight loss photos, read about their very similar battles and successes, and to be encouraged knowing I'm not alone in this.  Each time I read the emails I get from Prevention, or Fitness magazines, I'm educated and encouraged.  Now to put that information to good use!  Get a plan for the day's eating, plan my exercise for the day and set a goal for the day!  So, here's todays eating plan:

AM:  Coffee & yogurt w/ 1T granola
Snack: Handful natural almonds & 6oz V8
Lunch:  Veggie Burger w/ cheese, salsa & a little sourcream/apple
Snack:  Celery & Carrot sticks w/ hummus
Dinner:  Grilled Chicken Salad/Brown rice/SF fudgesicle
Snack:  Single serving 100 calorie popcorn w/ 2T peanuts

Exercise:  Zumba class at 6:45pm OR Cardio Warm-up & Weights at the gym
Goal for the Day:  Follow the plan!! 

Me at my heaviest in 2008
Gotta hop off here now~ will check in later and post how my day went!  Hope yours is filled with success and encouragement!  :)



12:38pm  Afternoon client rescheduled so I'm home this afternoon; here's a link to Prevention's 400 Calorie Meals.   http://www.prevention.com/400caloriepasta/12.html  The meals look so delicious and I love the idea of being able to eat all foods, but with portion control.  I'm going to make up a menu for the rest of the week based upon the 400 calorie meals, make a shopping list and see how that goes!  I'm not really into counting calories (or anything for that matter!) but by following the meal plan they provide, I won't have to really be counting everything, just make the food and enjoy! 

PS  The veggie burger topped w/ cheddar, salsa & sourcream was delicious but added a few crumbled tortilla chips for crunch.  Very satisfying.  The apple nicely completed my meal and should hold me till about 3pm or so when I'll have my veggies w/ hummus and/or peanut butter!  And my afternoon cup of coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment