Saturday, September 25, 2010

Daily Dose 5

Ahhhh.......Saturday, and looks like it'll be a beautiful one!  A good day to hang out my wash!  :)  I'm such a home-body!  Thinking of going apple-picking although that would mean making apple pie or apple crisp.  Hmmmm...I would definitely want to eat those.   Maybe I'll make baked apples for myself!  That would be far fewer carbs and calories~ we'll see. 

Scales this morning said 230.  Sigh. What happened to my typical first-week loss of 6-7 pounds?  That was always such a shot in the arm~ but it also only happens when I'm doing a fairly "strict" Atkins-ish regimen, ie: very few carbs to give me a good jumpstart on losing.  This time I'm just cutting back, not restricting myself of fruit, or dark chocolate (just a bit) and stuff like that.  Trying to be "real" without being TOO real! 

Night-time eating is probably my biggest downfall; it's such an ingrained habit, and even though I may be stuffed from dinner, within a few hours I just wanna nosh...and usually do!  But when I finally got off the computer last night, and sat down on the couch to watch TV, it was about 9pm.  An hour later I was feeling "snackish" so very wisely popped up one of my 100 calorie single-serve popcorns and added 3T peanuts to it.  Swigged water with it and it was satisfying. 

Coffee w/ half & half & Sweet N Low this morning, and now my yogurt, and 2 boiled eggs.  Think I'll go to the gym and get the metabolism cranking!  And plan out my day to make the best use of it!  Here's a fun link: http://www.myallnaturalweightloss.com/category/fashion/  Just found this blog and think I'll enoy reading it! 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment