Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another One Bites It!

Good morning, friends!  Another pound is gone from this body and I'm glad!  My evening ended differently than I anticipated with a food-confrontation sorta conquered: Becca wanted to go out for a "bite" to eat after I got her from the train station (why do we call it a BITE??!  HA!) so we ended up at Friendly's at 10 pm where I'd determined I wasn't going to eat anything.  But you should have heard the conversation in my head as I tried to justify eating something, and went back & forth!  I even had the menu and was considering at least the 550 calories meals, but come on!!!  At TEN OCLOCK???  I thankfully decided not to eat even that, and drank decaf coffee.  Then Becca's Honey BBQ Chicken Melt sandwich & fries came, fresh and hot so I ate like, three fries and a bite of her sandwich.  SIGH. Then she ordered ice cream and that's when I  gave up some of the fight and ordered "No Sugar Added Vanilla" ice cream w/ "No Sugar Added" hot fudge sauce for me.  SIGH.  I have no idea how many calories or carbs that was.  Ack.  






Anyway, I consider the battle was half-won.  I could have ordered REALLY bad food, but didn't.  I could have ordered a meal at ten pm, but didn't.  And I could have eaten "real" ice cream but didn't.  So.  A small victory which I shall claim.  I beat myself up way too much, and any success is SUCCESS!  :)


So, I'm looking at the clock and mentally preparing myself (it's 8:17am) for my new cleaning job at the "Very Famous Vermont Person's" house (VFVP) this morning; I'm excited as I always am when I'm about to tackle a new house, but I'm a little nervous too.  VFVP won't be home today so I have six hours to dig in and get that very cool house spic n' span w/o interruptions.  But I hope he likes my work.  I hope he notices.  I'm sure he will.  


I gird myself with goodness this morning and here's my plan for the day:
Today's Eating:
AM:  Real oatmeal w/ dried cherries, walnuts, maple syrup and a little half n' half/coffee
AM Snack:  Almonds & cherries again.  Maybe a cheese stick.
Lunch:  Carrots & celery w/ hummus again, V8, leftover eggs from the other night.
PM:  Coffee in a thermos.  
Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad at home w/ fresh fruit


Okay, I'm outta here.  No gym planned for today altho' I may hit it after work...we'll see how the day goes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment