Sunday, January 8, 2012

Steel-Cut Oats

Good morning!  I'm sitting here eating a bowl of steel-cut oats, which I've never had before!  I thought they were the ones that were big flakes of oats, but Tim says those are "rolled"oats; they take these pellets and roll them out to form the flakes we're familiar with.  This mornings cereal is like crunchy, nutty little pellets swimming in a puddle of maple syrup and half n' half!  A dash of cinnamon makes them extra special!  YUMMO!  I've been seeing "baked oatmeal" on Pinterest & I think I'm gonna buy some of these steel-cut oats and make up some Baked Oatmeal bars; load em' up with dried cherries, pecans, maybe some dried apricots, little maple syrup for sweetener and cinnamon.  I imagine they'll be like eating cookies or bars!  



Yesterday was a lovely day with my sweetheart: we started putting together Harley-Davidson t-shirts for making a quilt, and covered his bed with folded t's to represent the squares, arranging and re-arranging to get the perfect balance of color, words and images.  The cool thing is that Tim bought each t-shirt at many locations all over the states as he traveled on his bike, and it was fun to hear stories as we worked!  I can't wait to buy my first HD t-shirt at some far-away dealership when we're on a road trip this coming summer!  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment