Monday, January 9, 2012

Crazy Time At The Gym

 Pinned Image

Wow!  What a madhouse!  I went to the South Burlington Planet Fitness shortly after 5pm and it was cRAzY-packed!!    Every machine was in use; the place practically palpitated with sweat and frantic energy as the "hordes" worked out en masse.  Thankfully the Stairmaster was free so I clambered on and painfully but determinedly climbed, and climbed, and climbed....I lasted 15 minutes, saw a free bicycle and tottered over to pedal for another 15 minutes.  I spent my last 15 minutes on an elliptical, feeling energized and happy, be-bopping to tunes on my little ipod shuffle.  Am I the only one checking out the other women?  Comparing their weight, body-shape, hairstyle, age, workout clothing to mine, wishing I looked as good as some, and thankful I look better than others?  How vain.  How silly.  But it's human nature. 

Today's Eating ended up being a little odd: 
AM: Greek yogurt w/ maple syrup, wheat germ & pecans.  To DIE for!!  I can't wait to have more tomorrow morning!
Snack:  Almonds & two dried figs.  Yummo.  
Lunch:  Leftover BBQ'd pork/celery & carrots w/ hummus
Snack:  Healthy Request Fudgesicle & coffee 
Dinner:  Um....I forgot to eat!  Hurried off to the gym, picked up my scales from Tim's house where I snitched a delicious homemade meatball, then scooted home & showered, got busy doing laundry, picking up, boiled eggs for egg salad and ate one, ate a spoonful of egg salad, then another one later on with a stick of celery.  So.  That was dinner.  Oh well.

I'm PRETTY psyched to go to a swim class tomorrow afternoon!  I haven't been there since last fall, and will be embarrassed to show up "fatter" than when I left, but OH WELL!!  It's my favorite type of exercise and I can't wait to see them all again!  Wait!!  I just realized the class will be packed with the New Year hordes!  And I fully admit to being one of them!  :)  
Pinned Image
Isn't this funny???  

No comments:

Post a Comment