Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Good Day

It's been a good day.  Despite not getting to sleep till almost 2am this morning.  Why are my eyes not burning and why am I not yawning enormously?  I'm guessing because it was a "good" day!!  A good day of eating and a good day of exercise, following yesterdays good day.  Good begets good!


Today's Eating:
AM: big fat bowl of steel-cut oats w/ craisins (I wanna marry them!) and walnuts, then drizzled with real Vermont maple syrup and a little bit o' cream!  That, along with my coffee and a handful of vitamins was breakfast!  
AM Snack:  a handful of natural almonds (they taste so....fresh!  and light!) along w/ a few of my FAVE dried cherries (I'm gonna marry them, instead!).  Drank a mid-morning cup of coffee and lots of water and kept peeing all day long!!!  
Lunch:  Carrots & celery sticks dipped in yummo hummus, a big can of Low Sodium V8 and a cheese stick.  Mmmm good!
PM Snack:  cheese stick on the way to the gym to feed the metabolism!
Dinner:  Got home from the gym at 4:30 and devoured a plate of leftover (frozen & thawed) Thanksgiving turkey w/ 1/2 cup quinoa, little salt & pepper.  I was SOO hungry and that was quick and easy.  Filling too.  Low carb too. The dog and kitties appreciated bits as well!  
PM Snack:  ??  who knows.  


I had determined this morning to go to the gym right after my afternoon client, around 3pm.  So I packed my bags in the morning, one for gym stuff, one with my lunch and snacks and my usual work bag.  Looked like I was moving in!  When I plan and prepare, then I'm confident and successful!  So after 8 minutes in the tanning booth, I hopped onto the "stepper" which my friend, Sandra, has introduced me to, and spent a sweaty 45 minutes bopping up and down!  I burned 585 calories which made me happy!  Voila!  Day Three at the gym.  Check.


It's now 7:31pm and I'm tucked into my warm comfy bed w/ the laptop!  I intended to go to the Lane Bryant Outlet tonight and find some cuter workout clothes, but got home from the gym and was chilled after being all sweaty then going out into the cold.  Brrrrr.... so I think I'll just stay put till 9pm when I do have to go pick up Becca from the train station.  (She's returning from a week in NYC with her BF & family.)  


Well, tomorrow is a Red Letter day for me; it's the first day of cleaning for a new client.  A very famous Vermont-person client!  No name dropping, but think Coffee Heathbar Crunch!  :D  How cool is THAT??  I'll be there for six hours every week; can't wait to meet the man!  


Tim & I in November; he's so cute!  :)
Toodles!  I'm off for the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment