Monday, January 2, 2012

Clean Slate

Did I NOT say in the past that I'll probably gain weight back and have to start all over again?  Well, here I am.  Back to Square One.  I gained back the weight I lost over the summer.  All of it.  Well, all except the last pound.  SIGH.  Oh well.  All I can do (once again) is let it go, leave it behind and strive to get back in stride, eat well and exercise.  January is the "clean-slate" month and although it's kinda cliche' as I join the rest of the hordes doing the same thing and crowding the gyms, that's okay!  I accept my failings, and am thankful for new beginnings.
Taken in July 2010

So, today I started my day with a Plan, which for me, is important.  Here it is:
1.  Weigh & record
2.  Eat a good breakfast
3.  Plan the days food (bkfst/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack)
4.  Plan exercise for the day.  Gym from 2-3pm.
5.  Re-read this blog to get re-inspired.  Read other weight loss blogs for inspiration.
6.  Pray for success.

This past summer brought good things into my life, despite the gradual weight gain.  I met a wonderful man named Tim White, in mid-July via an online dating website.  It's been a joy to get to know each other and our families and now to anticipate the coming year together.  He is a Harley rider and bought me my very own black leather Harley Davidson jacket for riding; SOOO fun!!  I'm so excited for spring to be here so we can ride again and do some longer trips together.

Gotta hop off here and start my day.  I'm comfortably full after a bowl of oatmeal with 4 Tablespoons of flax/Q10/walnuts/brazilnuts/craisins mixed in w/ a little maple syrup and half n' half on top.  Wow.  That's some serious cereal!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in your journey! Jayme and I are doing a little "Biggest Loser" re-run as well. I'm thinking that the losing is not the problem for me, it's the maintaining. Finding that perfect balance of food and exercise, discovering what "treats" I'm allowed and how often. Being healthy is what's important, and having a regular diet and exercise routine is very helpful both physically and psychologically. You go girl!! :) ~Martha

    ReplyDelete